General Terms and Conditions for Stratco Competitions
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
A person who enters a Competition will be bound by these terms and conditions as varied from time to time as well as the Specific Terms and Conditions for that Competition. Please read these terms and conditions as well as the Specific Terms and Conditions for that Competition carefully.
To the extent of any inconsistency, the Specific Terms and Conditions for a Competition will prevail over these terms and conditions.
Stratco reserves the right to vary these terms and conditions at any time and without notice. Please check these terms and conditions on the Competition Page at regular intervals for any changes.
Eligibility for entry into Competition
Competitions are open to all residents of Australia except officers, employees, suppliers, retailers and contractors of Stratco and its related bodies corporate and members of the immediate families of such persons.
Entries for a Competition must be submitted in accordance with the Specific Terms and Conditions during the Competition Period.
Entrants may only submit one entry for a Competition.
Any entry for a Competition which Stratco determines is incomplete, illegible or incomprehensible, or fails to meet the requirements for that entry under these terms and conditions or the Specific Terms and Conditions for the Competition, will be rejected. Although Stratco will endeavour to notify any Entrant whose entry is rejected, Stratco will not be responsible for failing to provide such notice.
Entries must not contain any information, images or other material:
- that is inaccurate or misleading or deceptive in any material respect;
- in respect of which a third party holds the Intellectual Property Rights where the Entrant has not obtained all necessary consents to copy, disclose, distribute, incorporate or otherwise use the material for the Competition and to grant to Stratco the licences in respect of that material set out in these terms and conditions and the Specific Terms and Conditions for the Competition
- that is discriminatory, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, liable to incite racial hatred, in breach of confidentiality or privacy, which may cause annoyance or inconvenience to others, which encourages or constitutes conduct that would be deemed a criminal offence, give rise to a civil liability, or otherwise is contrary to the law in Australia
- that is harmful in nature including computer viruses, Trojan horses, corrupted data, or other potentially harmful software or data
- that may be used in connection with spamming, spimming, phishing, trolling or similar activities.
Entries must not contain any images of another person without that person's permission (or in the case of a minor, the minor's parent or legal guardian).
Stratco will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requiring us to disclose the identity or other details of any person contravening the above requirements.
Stratco may require an Entrant to provide proof of the Entrant's identity, age, residency or other qualification for entry into a Competition to Stratco's satisfaction.
The description of the Prizes and number of Prizes (prize pool) to be awarded for a Competition is as set out in the Specific Terms and Conditions for the Competition.
Prizes are subject to availability. Stratco makes no guarantee that a Prize for a Competition will correspond with its description in the Specific Terms and Conditions for the Competition and reserves the right to substitute a Prize for an item of equal or higher value or for cash.
Stratco makes no warranty or representation in connection with any Prizes as to the value, quality, suitability for any purpose, dimensions or other property or attribute of the Prize.
Prizes will be awarded or delivered to winners, or made available for collection by Winners, as set out in the Specific Terms and Conditions for the Competition.
Tickets and vouchers as Prizes
Where the Prize is a ticket, the ticket will be valid for the date or period indicated on the ticket and will be subject to the terms and conditions determined by the vendor of the ticket.
All valid entries for a Competition will be judged and the Winners determined in accordance with the Specific Terms and Conditions for the Competition. Stratco's determination of the Winners will be final and binding on all Entrants.
The winning Entrants will be notified of their win by email, post or telephone using the contact details submitted with their entries.
Stratco may also publish the winning Entrants' details in any Stratco newsletter, on the Stratco Website, by email or other social media.
Where the winner of a Competition is under the age of 18 years, Stratco may award the Prize to the winner's parent or guardian or may require the winner to be accompanied by the winner's parent or guardian when the Prize is awarded.
No transfer or exchange
Prizes are not transferrable and cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash.
Where the Competition is promoted on Facebook, or any information, images or other content in respect of the Competition is posted on Facebook, such information, images and content is collected by Stratco and not by Facebook. In addition, the Entrants:
- acknowledge that the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook
- completely release Facebook in respect of all liability arising from the Competition.
All Entrants must at their own cost comply with all reasonable requests by Stratco for the participation of Entrants in promotional activities in respect of the Competition. All Entrants consent to:
- their name being used in promotional material in connection with the Competition
- being filmed, photographed or otherwise recorded in connection with the Competition
- such films, photographs and recordings being broadcast or otherwise made public at any time.
Termination of participation
Stratco may terminate the participation of an Entrant in a Competition, refuse to award a Prize to an Entrant or recover a Prize awarded to an Entrant without notice for any reason including, without limitation, if that Entrant:
- submits an entry otherwise than in accordance with these terms and conditions or the Specific Terms and Conditions for the Competition or tampers with the process for making an entry
- commits any breach of these terms and conditions or the Specific Terms and Conditions for the Competition
- abuses any privilege afforded to the Entrant under the Competition
- supplies any misleading information or makes any misrepresentations to Stratco or its agents in connection with the Competition
- is otherwise dishonest or fraudulent in its dealings in connection with the Competition
- behaves in a manner which diminishes the name or reputation of Stratco, is unlawful or otherwise inappropriate.
An Entrant may terminate their participation in a Competition at any time by emailing notice to Stratco at: email@example.com.
Stratco will not be liable for any loss or other consequence arising out of termination of an Entrant's participation in a Competition whatsoever.
Suspension and termination of Competition
Stratco may suspend or terminate a Competition at any time at its discretion without prior notice subject to licensing approval.
Stratco will not be liable for any loss or other consequence arising out of suspension or termination of a Competition whatsoever.
While Stratco takes all reasonable care in the construction, operation and content of the Stratco Website, it makes no guarantee or warranty that:
- the use of the Stratco Website will be uninterrupted or virus and error free
- any information contained on the Stratco Website is complete, accurate or up to date.
Entrants must take their own precautions to ensure that the process which they employ for accessing the Stratco Website in making an entry in a Competition does not expose them to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which may damage their computer system. Stratco is not responsible for any interference or damage to computer systems which may arise in connection with accessing the Stratco Website or any other website linked to the Stratco Website.
Access to the Stratco Website may be terminated at any time without notice.
Entrants grant to Stratco an irrevocable, perpetual non-exclusive royalty free license to download, print, display, perform, reverse engineer, modify, adapt copy, reproduce, transmit, disseminate and publish any images or material contained in or submitted with an Entrant's entry and to create derivative works from any part of such image or material for any purpose and to grant sublicenses of the same.
Stratco makes no express or implied warranty or representation in connection with any Competition other than those set out in these terms and conditions or the Specific Terms and Conditions for the Competition.
Liability for tax on Prizes received may vary in accordance with individual circumstances. Entrants should seek their own independent tax advice in respect of any Prizes received.
Any tax, liability or duty arising from Prizes received by an Entrant is the responsibility of the Entrant.
Limitation on Liability
To the fullest extent permitted by law:
- any liability that Stratco may have to an Entrant whether for negligence, breach of contract or otherwise in respect of a Competition is, to the fullest extent permitted by law, limited to conducting the Competition and awarding Prizes in accordance with these terms and conditions and the Specific Terms and Conditions for the Competition
- Stratco will have no liability whatsoever for any loss of profits or any other incidental, consequential or indirect loss or other consequence in connection with the Competition.
No granting of time indulgence or failure to enforce a provision of these terms and conditions shall constitute a waiver by Stratco of the same.
Release and indemnity
Each Entrant releases and indemnifies Stratco from and against any liability arising from:
- any breach of these terms and conditions or the Specific Terms and Conditions for the Competition by the Entrant
- any use or misuse of a Prize by the Entrant
- any other conduct by the Entrant which entitles Stratco to terminate the participation in the Competition of the Entrant.
If any part or all of any provision of these terms and conditions becomes or is found to illegal or unenforceable that provision may be severed from these terms and conditions and the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions shall continue in force.
These terms and conditions will be construed according to and governed by the law of South Australia, Australia. The parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in and of South Australia in relation to any dispute arising under these terms and conditions.
In these terms and conditions unless the context otherwise requires:
- Competition means any trade promotion or competition other than a lottery or game of chance, promoted by Stratco from time to time
- Competition Page means in respect of a Competition the web page on the Stratco Website promoting the Competition
- Competition Period means in relation to a Competition, the Competition Period as set out in the Specific Terms and Conditions for the Competition
- Entrant means an entrant in a Competition and who is eligible to enter that Competition in accordance with these terms and conditions
- Intellectual Property and Intellectual Property Rights includes property and rights in connection with copyright (including future copyright and rights in the nature of or analogous to copyright), know-how, trade mark, service mark, design, inventions (including patents), semi-conductor or circuit layout rights, trade, business or company names, or other proprietary rights, or any rights to registration of such rights (including all renewals and extensions)
- Prize means in respect of a Competition, the prize, award or other benefit to be awarded to the winner of the Competition as set out in the Specific Terms and Conditions for the Competition
- Specific Terms and Conditions means in respect of a Competition, the terms and conditions of entry for that Competition published by Stratco at or about the time of the Competition
- Stratco means Stratco Holdings Pty Ltd ACN 007 893 781 and its related bodies corporate (as defined in the Corporations Act 2001)
- Stratco Website means the website at www.stratco.com.au.
In these terms and conditions, and in the Specific terms and Conditions for a Competition, unless the context otherwise requires:
- headings do not affect interpretation
- singular includes plural and plural includes singular
- words of one gender include any gender
- a reference to a party includes its executors, administrators, successors and permitted assigns
- a reference to a person includes a partnership, corporation, association, government body and any other entity
- a provision is not to be construed against a person because that person prepared it;
- an unenforceable provision or part of a provision may be severed, and the remainder of the terms and conditions continues in force, unless this would materially change the intended effect of those terms and conditions
- the meaning of general words is not limited by specific examples introduced by ‘including', ‘for example' or similar expressions.