How much is delivery?
The delivery charge is automatically calculated and varies according to the products that you order. The delivery charge will be shown at the 'Checkout' stage before you accept the order.
Can I change the delivery address?
You can change the delivery address by calling 1300 185 185 between 7.30am and 5pm Monday to Friday, and 8am to 5pm on Saturday (CST).
Can I use a PO Box for delivery?
No. A street address is needed for your order to be delivered.
If you have chosen to have your goods delivered to your nominated address the following will generally apply:
- Deliveries will be made on an agreed day, but not an agreed time
- Deliveries may be made late in the afternoon and therefore it is recommended that you plan to start your project on the day following the delivery
- Should there be an issue that prevents your goods from being delivered on the agreed day, Stratco will endeavour to contact you to advise you of the revised delivery arrangements
- Should you need to change the delivery date you will need to contact the store or office from which the goods were purchased at least 2 working days prior to the delivery date to determine if this change can be made.
The driver will always endeavour to carry out any specific delivery instructions provided and will place the materials where they believe is most appropriate. However, the placement of the goods being delivered will be at the discretion of the delivery personnel and will take into account:
- Site access
- Load size
- Product weight and dimensions
- Delivery vehicle capabilities
- Safety of the driver and members of the public
In general this will restrict all deliveries to the front of the property, inside the front boundary, or as near as possible to the front boundary if access to the property is not possible.
Many of the vehicles used to deliver Stratco’s products weigh in excess of 8 Tonnes and as such will exceed the design capacity of typical household driveways, footpaths and pavers and will almost certainly damage grassed areas. Therefore in most instances Stratco’s delivery vehicles will not be able to enter your premises.
The driver will, if possible, announce when the delivery is being effected. If the site is unattended at the time of delivery the time will be noted on the delivery paperwork.
The delivery drivers are trained in the correct handling and delivery of our products so that they minimise the potential of injury to themselves and damage to the products. Unfortunately they will not be able to accept assistance from others on the site as it may result in injury and or product damage. Therefore, we ask that you refrain from assisting the driver and observe from a safe distance. We particularly ask that young children and pets be kept well clear of the delivery vehicle during this process.
In some instances you may receive more than one delivery as some products may originate from different premises.
In the unlikely event that product is missing or has been damaged during delivery please notify the store or office from which the product was purchased. To assist with rapid resolution of this issue please have all paper work relating to the order and delivery available for reference during the discussion.
Can I pick up my order?
Depending on your location and what items you've ordered, your order may be available for Click & Collect. Alternatively, to place your order over the phone call 1300 185 185 between 7.30am and 5pm Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm Saturday or 9am to 5pm Sunday and public holidays (CST).
Many of the goods that you can obtain from Stratco are large and may not easily be able to be taken through the check out to your vehicle.
- To assist you safely transport these goods to your premises Stratco provide you with a number of options:
- Stratco can arrange for the goods to be delivered to your premises. This will typically incur a delivery charge which will depend upon a number of factors including the delivery address and the goods that are to be delivered.
- You can choose to collect the goods yourself, providing your vehicle is adequate for the task. If you want to pursue this option then the Stratco sales team will be able help confirm if your vehicle is suitable for the goods you want to collect. Note: Courtesy trailers are available at some of our locations
- You can arrange for a courier to collect and deliver the goods, at your expense, to your premises
Customer Pickup Information
If you will be collecting your goods from Stratco’s premises then there are some key points that you will need to be aware of:
When you arrive at the customer pick up area please park your vehicle in the designated pick up locations or follow the directions of the Stratco team members. The Stratco team members have been specifically trained in the handling and loading of Stratco’s products and as such are the best people to load your vehicle.
In order to ensure that your vehicle is loaded correctly and that you can safely transport your load, our team have been instructed to:
- Not load a vehicle that is considered to be un-roadworthy
- Not place a load on a vehicle if doing so will result in a breach of the road transport regulations
- Not load a vehicle if the behaviour of the driver indicates that the driver may be affected by drugs or alcohol
- Place the load on the vehicle as directed by the customer, providing the aforementioned criteria are satisfied
In the event that your goods are unable to be loaded onto your vehicle Stratco can arrange for the goods to be delivered or you may elect to return with a different vehicle that is suitable to transport your goods. We appreciate your understanding should this situation occur.
While you are collecting your goods there are some key safety requirements that are to be observed:
- Beware of forklifts and follow the directions of the Stratco team members at all times
- Children must be supervised at all times and when possible and practical should remain in the vehicle during the loading process
- Abide by the vehicle loading traffic management plans that apply to the location where you are collecting your goods (A typical plan is provided below)
- Smoking is not permitted in the customer pick up area
- Do no leave the customer pick up area whilst your vehicle is being loaded
- Do not handle the products, particularly sheet metal products, the loading of your vehicle will be undertaken by Stratco team members
- You will be responsible for securing your load and will need to provide appropriate load restraining devices
Traffic management zone:
The exclusion zones apply for all customer pick up vehicles (cars, utilities, vans, trucks). The location of the designated safety zone may change due to specific site conditions. Stratco team members will advise you when this occurs.
Legal load projection limits:
The following diagrams have been provided to assist with determining what types of loads your vehicle is able to transport. All dimensions are from fixed vehicle panels, not including mirrors.
The following notes have been prepared to assist your understanding of our delivery procedures. In doing so it will allow a 'partnership' approach in getting your materials and products delivered to site, on time and in good condition.
Specific delivery times cannot be arranged but deliveries will be made on an agreed day unless you are advised otherwise. As deliveries may be made late in the afternoon it is recommended that you plan to start your project on the day following the delivery. We do not offer 'Cash on Delivery' facilities and all orders must be paid for before delivery.
Delivery of Hardware Products
- Delivery of Hardware items from the Stratco Online store will be despatched via Direct Freight Express.
- Direct Freight Express will only deliver to the front of a property, they will not enter a house or unpack product.
- Specified times cannot be given for delivery, only the delivery date can be given.
- Signatures are required for received products.
- Specifying delivery to a work address may ensure products are received sooner if there will be nobody to sign for goods at a residential address.
- In the event there is no one at the receiver's property at the time of delivery, the driver will leave a card advising the receiver that a delivery was attempted. The receiver is then to make contact with Direct Freight Express to arrange another mutually convenient delivery date.
- Goods may be left but only if written instructions are provided at the time the order is placed, for example; 'if not at home, leave behind the side gate'.
- Goods will be packaged as per the pictures below: