Stratco "What's In Your Shed?" Competition
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
A person who enters the Competition, or "votes" on the Competition Website as part of the Competition, will be bound by these terms and conditions as well as the General Terms and Conditions for Stratco Competitions. Please read these terms and conditions as well as the General Terms and Conditions for Stratco Competitions carefully.
To the extent of any inconsistency, these terms and conditions will prevail over the General Terms and Conditions for Stratco Competitions.
Entry into the Competition is free and is open to all residents of Australia except officers, employees, suppliers, retailers and other contractors of Stratco and its related bodies corporate and members of the immediate families of such persons.
To enter the Competition, Entrants must post on the Stratco Facebook Page or Competition Website during a Competition Period a video or photographs and story of something that they have or do in their shed or garage. Videos and photographs posted must satisfy the technical requirements specified when making the post. Entrants must follow the prompts and complete all information required in making the entry.
SA residents must be over 18 years of age to enter, residents of other states and territories under the age of 18 must obtain the prior permission of their parent or guardian to enter.
There is no restriction on the number of different entries that an Entrant may submit for the Competition.
Entries must not contain any images:
- in respect of which a third party holds the Intellectual Property Rights where the Entrant has not obtained all necessary consents to copy, disclose, distribute, incorporate or otherwise use the material for the Competition and to grant to Stratco the licences in respect of that image set out in these terms and conditions
- of another person without that person’s permission (or in the case of a minor, the minor’s parent or legal guardian).
Please see General Terms and Conditions for Stratco Competitions for other restrictions regarding materials which may be posted by Entrants.
The Competition commences 12:01am (ACST) on 9th March 2018 and closes at 11:59pm (ACST) on 31st January 2019. This period is broken up into monthly periods (Competition Periods). The first Competition Period commences at 12:01am (ACST) on 9th March 2018 and ends at 11:59pm (ACST) on 30th April 2018. Thereafter, the Competition Periods commence at 12:01am (ACST) on the first day of each month and end at 11:59pm (ACST) on the last day of each month up to and including the month of January 2019.
The final draw will be on Tuesday February 5, 2019.
There are sixty-four Stratco gift Cards to be won as Prizes with a total value of $25,000. These cards may be redeemed at any Stratco store in Australia and are valid for the period specified on the gift card.
Prizes for Entrants
- A $1,000 Stratco gift card (Monthly Prize) will be awarded in respect of each of 9 Competition Periods as a Prize to one entry submitted during that Competition Period.
- A $500 Stratco gift card (Monthly People’s Choice Prize) will be awarded in respect of each of 9 Competition Periods as a Prize to the entry submitted during that Competition Period that receives the most votes.
- A $5,200 Stratco gift card (Major Prize) will be awarded as a Prize to one Monthly Prize or Monthly People’s Choice winner.
Prizes for voting in the Competition
- A $500 Stratco gift card (Lucky Draw Prize) will be awarded in respect of each of 9 Competition Periods as a Prize to one person that voted on the Competition Website in respect of that Competition Period.
- A $50 Stratco gift card (Share/Like Draw Prize) will be awarded in respect of each of 36 weeks (Sunday - Saturday) during Competition Periods as a Prize to one person who, from the Competition Website, shared or liked an entry submitted during that week.
Determining winners of Monthly Prizes
Stratco will determine the winner of each Monthly Prize based on the relative production and content quality, relevance, entertainment value, human interest and originality of all eligible entries submitted during the Competition Period to which that Monthly Prize relates. The winner for a Competition Period will be announced on the first Tuesday in the second month commencing at the end of that Competition Period.
For example, the Monthly Prize winner for the July 2018 Competition Period will be an Entrant who has submitted an entry during July 2018 and will be announced on Tuesday 4 September 2018.
Determining winners of Monthly People’s Choice Prizes
The winner of each Monthly People’s Choice Prize will be the Entrant whose entry receives the most “votes” cast on the Competition Website between 12.01am (ACST) on the first day of the month commencing at the end of Competition Period in which the entry is submitted and 11.59pm on the last day of that month. The winner for a Competition Period will be determined on the first Tuesday in the second month commencing at the end of that Competition Period.
For example, the Monthly People’s Choice Prize winner for the July 2018 Competition Period will be determined on Tuesday 4 September 2018 based on the number of “votes” cast during the month of August in respect of each eligible entry received during the month of July 2018.
Stratco reserves the right to determine the winner of a Monthly People’s Choice Prize in the case of an equality of “votes” between leading entries, or where Stratco determines that “votes” may have been purchased or otherwise made the subject of unfair influence. Stratco’s determination of the winners will be final and binding on all Entrants.
Determining winners of the Major Prize
Stratco will determine the winner of the Major Prize from amongst all the winners of the Monthly Prizes and the Monthly People’s Choice Prize based on the relative production and content quality, relevance, entertainment value, human interest and originality of all relevant entries.
The winner will be determined on Tuesday 5 February 2019.
Determining winners of Lucky Draw Prizes and Share/Like Draw Prizes
The winner of a Lucky Draw Prize for a Competition Period will be determined by random draw from amongst each person who voted on the Competition Website in respect of an entry submitted during that Competition Period. The Draw for that Prize will be take place on the first Tuesday in the second month commencing at the end of the Competition Period.
For example, the Lucky Draw Prize winner for the July 2018 Competition Period will be someone who during August 2018, voted on an entry submitted by an Entrant in July 2018 and will be decided by a draw taken place on Monday 3 September 2018.
The winner of the Share/Like Draw Prize for a week during a Competition Period will be determined by random draw from amongst each person who, from the Competition Website, shared or liked any entry. The Draw for that Prize will take place on the Monday following that week.
Draws of the Lucky Draw Prizes and Share/Like Draw Prizes will take place at 10am (ACST) at Nation Creative, 16 Anster Street Adelaide SA 5000 on the date the draw is to take place for that Competition Period.
Notifications to winners and award of Prizes
Winners of the Monthly Prizes, Monthly People’s Choice Prizes, Lucky Draw Prizes, Share/Like Draw Prizes and the Major Prize will be notified of their win by email or post using the contact details submitted with their entries.
Prize Winners' names will also be published on the Stratco Facebook Page and the Competition Website once the winner has been drawn.
In the event that Stratco can’t contact a Prize Winner within 3 months of Stratco determining that winner, Stratco may at its discretion, give that Prize Winner’s Prize to another person, conduct a redraw for that Prize or surrender the Prize as permitted by law. Redraw will be determined by a random draw that will take place at 10am (ACST) at Nation Creative, 16 Anster Street Adelaide SA 5000 on the date the draw is to take place for that Competition Period.
Prizes will be awarded or delivered to winners, or made available for collection by winners, in the manner notified to the winners by Stratco.
At reasonable times and subject to reasonable notice being given, Entrants must allow or procure Stratco and its authorised representatives safe access to the premises upon which the shed depicted in the Entrant’s entry is located for the purpose of Stratco and its representatives inspecting the project or taking film of photographs of the project. All Entrants consent to such film or photographs being broadcast or otherwise made public at any time.
Entrants acknowledge that:
- all information, images or other content in respect of the Competition posted on Facebook is collected by Stratco and not by Facebook
- the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook
- Entrants completely release Facebook in respect of all liability arising from the Competition.
Entrants grant to Stratco an irrevocable, perpetual non-exclusive royalty free license to download, print, display, perform, reverse engineer, modify, adapt copy, reproduce, transmit, disseminate and publish any images or material contained in or submitted with an Entrant’s entry and to create derivative works from any part of such image or material for any purpose and to grant sublicenses of the same.
These terms and conditions will be construed according to and governed by the law of South Australia, Australia. The parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in and of South Australia in relation to any dispute arising under these terms and conditions.
Lottery Licence Permit Numbers
- NSW Permit No. LTPS/18/22549
- ACT T.B.C.
- SA T.B.C.
In these terms and conditions unless the context otherwise requires:
- ACST means Australian Central Standard Time
- Competition means the Stratco “What’s in Your Shed?” competition promoted by Stratco on the Competition Website or elsewhere on the Stratco Website, in Stratco catalogues, and on digital and social platforms
- Competition Website means the website specific to the “What’s in Your Shed?” competition at www.whatsinyourshed.com.au
- Entrant means an entrant in a Competition and who is eligible to enter that Competition in accordance with these terms and conditions and the General Terms and Conditions
- General Terms and Conditions for Stratco Competitions means the general terms and conditions of entry into Stratco competitions generally published by Stratco on the Competition Website from time to time
- Intellectual Property and Intellectual Property Rights includes property and rights in connection with copyright (including future copyright and rights in the nature of or analogous to copyright), know-how, trade mark, service mark, design, inventions (including patents), semi-conductor or circuit layout rights, trade, business or company names, or other proprietary rights, or any rights to registration of such rights (including all renewals and extensions)
- Prize means in respect of a Competition, a prize, award or other benefit to be awarded as set out in these terms and conditions
- Prize Winner means an Entrant or person who has voted in the Competition and who has won a Prize in accordance with these terms and conditions
- Stratco means Stratco Holdings Pty Ltd ACN 007 893 781 and its related bodies corporate (as defined in the Corporations Act 2001)
- Stratco Facebook Page means www.facebook.com/stratco
- Stratco Website means the website at www.stratco.com.au
Monthly Competition Schedule
Weekly Like/Share Lucky Draw Schedule